Welcome From the Principal
August 20, 2017
Greetings Parents and Guardians,
I want to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year. For those new to the Isador Cohen Family, this is my third year as principal. I have been an employee of the district for approximately 18 years, ten years as a classroom teacher, 6 years as an instructional coach and two years as a principal. The staff and I are committed to the education of your child. We are willing partners with you on this journey. This means we are committed to continually examining our practices and policies to ensure that our school community works for all students. We are committed to making sure that every student that comes through our door is known by name.
As we partner together, I would ask for your involvement in our school community. I’ve come up with some statements that begin with “We Need You” to emphasize how important you are to the school community.
- We Need You to volunteer in the classroom: listen to students read, make bulletin boards, organize papers and help with special projects
- We Need You to volunteer around campus: help with beautification projects, coach a sport, facilitate an after school club, monitor students on campus or chaperone at events
- We Need You to join our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) to help us fundraise for teacher and student needs that our school budget cannot accommodate
- We Need You on our School Site Council to make important decisions that impact our school
- We Need You at Back to School Night, Parent Teacher Conferences, Science Nights, Literacy Nights, Open House, and Fall Festival
For those new to our campus we offer many academic and enrichment programs such as MESA, GATE, MASTERS, Garden Club, Art Lab, Music Club, after school sports league, preschool, and special education. We serve diverse populations that bring varying life experiences. It is the belief of all staff members that every child can and will learn – NO EXCUSES! We encourage parents to volunteer in classrooms and for school-wide events in order to gain a better understanding of our school community. We hold an open door policy that supports the needs of all. Together we can achieve great things. Please contact the office if you would like additional information about our school, community, or programs.